Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hammy Downs

I think it's funny that the older my kids get, 
the more they share about their little kids days.


Carrie and William often tell me what 
they were thinking about as little kids.
Especially if we start talking about 
something that really confused them. 
Or something that they thought was funny.


Today was one of those days.
Josh, Matthew, and I were reading one of the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books, and the main character was talking about "hand-me-down" shoes.

William, who was doing his math next to us on the couch, said, 
"That's funny.  I used to think that they were called "hammy downs."  
I could never figure out what that was supposed to mean." 

Josh said, "That's what I thought it was!  Hammy downs!"

Wow.
It just reminded me that you never really know exactly 
what's going on inside someone's head.

Is this what they were thinking when I said "hand-me-downs?"

Hammy from Pixar's "Toy Story"

Or this?
  
Hammy from DreamWork's "Over the Hedge"

Sometimes I just sit and laugh and wonder 
what they will take into their adult days with them.

1 comment: