This is one of my favorite places.
It's where I grew up...minus the farmhouse.
That came down last spring.
It used to sit there, just beyond the big Blue Spruce tree.
We went up to visit family last fall,
and found ourselves in the middle of a beautiful
autumn wonderland.
I really cannot think of many other places
more beautiful than this.
The following day was a bit more sunshiny
and less ominous.
Skies that stretched on forever.
Big fluffy clouds and bursts of amazing fall color.
The kids and I waited in this field until Dad came by
with the tractor and the chisel plow.
We had time for some exploring and playing around.
Ahhhhh...there he is!
First, Dad cleared out some of the
corn husks from the grill.
First up...Josh and Matthew!
The combine across the road...
Here they come!
Who is that in the driver's seat?
Boy!
That was fun!
Next up...William!
Awww!
Just like the old days!
And then it's Carrie's turn.
(I took a turn after Carrie.
I can see why Dad loves farming.)
I could not get over the beautiful scenery that day!
After our rides in the tractor,
we took a short drive around "Little Egypt,"
the cemetery with a road built right around it.
It has all sorts of scary stories told about it.
Thankfully, it's not quite as scary in the middle
of the afternoon as it is at night.
Then it was back home to spend some time with family!
Sweet little Ciara with her Grandpa...
Ciara playing with Uncle Rick...
Ciara is now almost 18-months old and has a three-month old little sister.
My, how time flies!
Home now is 3 hours south of here.
Home is where my husband and kids are.
But I love that there will always be a very, very special place in my heart for the place where I grew up, because that means that my kids will always see their growing-up place as home.




















