Sunday, March 23, 2014

For Grandma..."Butterflies!"

Grandma, this blog post is for you!  The other day on the phone, we were trying to figure out how long it had been since we had seen the butterflies at the zoo.  I couldn't remember taking Matthew to see them, so I guessed that it hadn't been since 2006 or 2007...the year that we took Josh when Carrie and William went to JAM Camp.

Wrong!  We went in 2010 with GG and the kids.  Looking through these pictures makes me want to go again!  How about you?  Maybe we could go sometime in April?  Maybe it will be sweatshirt warm by then.  And sunny.  And warm.  And the flowers will be in bloom.  And did I say warm?

Enjoy these pictures, Grandma!  Especially enjoy Matthew's chubby fingers and cheeks.  



I love that Matthew is holding his "INE!" (ball).








They have all grown up so much.  *Sigh...*










 Silly girl!  I love that about our kids.  They are silly and so much fun!




This was my favorite flower patch...turtles dancing together among the orange and yellow tulips!


You just have to smile...



 Oh...and chubby legs!  He doesn't have chubby legs at all anymore.
Yikes!  This is becoming "Sentimental Sunday!"




Flowers, shmowers.  Did you see this big yellow monster?


I am doing much more spring dreaming this morning as I look at these pictures.  The temperatures this week are supposed to be 10-20 degrees below their usual highs for this time of year.  And there is a chance of snow in the forecast.  I am really looking forward to throwing my windows open and letting the warm spring breezes in!  My toes are so cold this morning, and it's at times like this that I cannot imagine using the central air at all this summer!  We've had enough cold to last for a long time.   Remember that I said that in the middle of July.  Or in May.

1 comment:

  1. Aww.... That was a fun day and those sweet little faces. Wow...time is flying faster than butterflies. Pretty girl in the flowers.
    G'Ma

    ReplyDelete