Monday, March 10, 2014

End of Season

 This week, both basketball and robotics 
seasons came to an end.

Tuesday evening was Carrie's 
end-of-season basketball banquet.
She's a senior, so Carrie and I spent Tuesday morning creating her Senior Frame.
We were pretty excited about how it turned out.
I was so relieved that we finished this project.
On time.
I dreamed about it most of the night before.
And it didn't get finished in my dreams.


 There were also two seniors on the boys' team.
The kisses on the table were to be taken by the kids and then they were to give them to their moms.
Carrie threw my kiss to me.
And yes, I did catch it.
But Matthew ate it.
Shhhhhh...don't tell.


Trophies and letters and other fun things...


This is the official stuffed Marlin.
I think it's a little icky, but everyone seems to like to throw it around at games when Mrs. Owens brings it.


They also like to sign it.



 Here, Coach is making her presentations and remarks.
Anna is giving Carrie a reassuring pat as Coach says that they played with only five players for part of the season. 
Carrie spent several games out with an ankle injury.
And like Paul said during the time 
that Senior parents were allowed to share,
"We were thankful for that ankle injury, because it wasn't a hand/wrist/finger injury."
Being a piano player and all.

Oh...and by Senior parents, I mean "the parents of a Senior," not that we are senior citizens.
Not yet.





I love this picture!
Anna's mom snapped it at the end of the banquet.
Such beautiful smiles.
Carrie said that she was surprised 
that she didn't cry that evening.
I was surprised that I didn't either.
Well...I did, but it was at the very end, 
and it was only for a minute.
Her coach talked to me about Carrie, 
and that made me cry.
Coach's fault.


 On Wednesday, William met with Jesse for the last pictures with this season's robot.


I love the design on this shirt!
Bot-E Builders!
And I love the orange shirts!
And I love that young man wearing that shirt!


This season's challenge was lots of fun!
I hope the same for next year's challenge.
We'll soon find out!
Next year's challenge will be announced 
in just a few weeks!


William had so much support from family and friends.
We are so thankful!
He's now looking at how he can grow in robotics.
He's been "robotting" now for five years!
We're praying for God's guidance as he thinks 
about some new ventures.
And adventures!
Life is an adventure!



I'm often hesitant to brag on my kids.
I guess because I confuse pride with being proud...
in the Mom sense.
I am a proud Momma.
I am proud of the way that Carrie and William have learned to look to God and ask Him to lead and guide them.  It hasn't been without some rough times.  Some really hard times.  But isn't that how we all learn to run to God.  And to stay in the shelter of His wings.

Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

I love their hearts.
And their smiles.
And their twinkly eyes.
And their senses of humor.
And...
OK...I'll quit now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment