This is not the view from my window today.
These are pictures that I took on March 19, 2012.
Today there are itty bitty buds on the trees and shrubs and little green shoots just barely poking out of the dirt, but nothing like this.
Yesterday it was in the upper 60's. Today the 40's. The next three days it won't be out of the 30's. These pictures, though, are a sign of the hope of warmer and more colorful days.
The boys are chomping at the bit for me to get off the computer and make our traditional Saturday morning breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes. I haven't made pancakes for breakfast for many Saturdays, because we have been busy with early morning Upward Basketball games. The Upward season flew by again, and we are now entering our quiet season. Even with an upcoming senior piano recital, a graduation ceremony, and a graduation open house, it feels especially quiet and peaceful. Like we are right in the center of God's will for our family. For that, I am so thankful. And love the joy of having His arms wrapped lovingly around us.
This afternoon, we will be attending our Pastor's son's wedding. He was a sweet little two-year old in attendance at our wedding almost 21 years ago when Paul and I got married. Our big kids became good friends of his when they spent time on the Praise Team together. William will be running sound this afternoon at his wedding, so he and Carrie enjoyed their time at the wedding rehearsal last night. It makes me all misty-eyed to think that we will be there to see him get married today.
So! That means that after breakfast, we will be off to Meijer to buy some dress shoes and button-down shirts. And maybe even a tie. I've already told the boys to think wedding AND graduation.
Good days.
Extra-special days.
Memory-making days.
Sentimental days.


No comments:
Post a Comment