Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I Don't Need a Nap

The boys were sick, 
so I made the most of this opportunity!
It has been a long time since we've had 
nap time at our house.
Well...a long time since kids have taken nap time.
Me, on the other hand...

So!
I told the boys that we should read a book in my bed.
It worked with Josh.  He got sleepy very quickly.
But Matthew tossed and turned and then 
finally asked if he could get up to play.

After a quick snooze, I got up to see 
what Matthew was up to.
Silence.
I get just a little nervous when there is complete silence, so I went exploring.

This is what I found...


It looks like he had every intention of playing.


But sleep got the best of him.


He woke up yelling for me, 
wiping the side of his face, and smiling.
"I drooled a little bit."
More than a little bit.  
I could tell from his shining face and wet hair 
that it was more than a little bit.
"I was sleepy."

Again, I remember why I love blogging.
I love catching these little moments 
that are gone in a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment