The kids and I met a couple of Carrie's friends at the movie theater yesterday afternoon and saw the movie "God's Not Dead.". We really like the actor Shane Harper because of his role in Disney's "Good Luck Charlie," so we were super-excited to see him in a Christian film and hear his song, "Hold You Up" on our Christian radio station. I love for my kids to see that there are young people out there being bold for Christ. And that's it's not the easy road. But it's the road that makes all the difference.
Can I say, "WOW?!"
I know that I cannot say too much...except "WOW!"... because I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, but I left that movie theater wanting to make a difference! Wanting to shout the Name of JESUS! Longing to be bold. Longing to tell people the truth. Longing to show them that there is a God who loves them so much!
One of the things that I keep thinking about this morning is how many Christians there are who do not know the power of God. How many people do not know God.
I love what Romans 1:20 says...
For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
The Word says that we are without excuse. That we know that there is a God. That seems, for me, to make it easier to reach out to others with compassion. There's no "proving" that I have to do. I don't have to get upset or angry or defensive if someone starts asking questions or telling me that there is no God. I get to love them. I get to listen to them. I can stay calm and try to understand their hurts and distrust. I can tell them about my Best Friend and what He has done for me. I can share hope.
Believe me, I am asking God to work all of this out in me.
I long to be loving and compassionate. I long to see people as God sees them and to let God's love pour through me and into the lives of others. It's tough. My pride becomes a wall way too quickly and easily.
But the longing...the desire is there.
My goal today is to listen.
To surrender myself completely to Him.
I can do nothing without Him.
Nothing.
But with Him?
All things!

No comments:
Post a Comment