Oh, those summer days!
This is a post that I started back in August
but never got around to finishing.
but never got around to finishing.
Now, I sit looking at the pictures and longing for the warm weather, the green grass, and seeing
my loved-ones in shorts and t-shirts.
my loved-ones in shorts and t-shirts.
Here in the midwest, we still have ice on the driveway
and snow patches in the yard.
and snow patches in the yard.
The temperatures are way below freezing every morning.
But hope!
Today we're supposed to reach 52 degrees!
Like Paul said as he was leaving for work this morning, "Bring it on!"
So, in memory...and in hope...I bring you this long-lost blog post from last summer.
________________________________
________________________________
We were just finishing up Josh's birthday party, and Paul was tossing the soccer ball around to Charlie.
What happens if you kick a soccer ball too hard and high?
Can you see it?
I think I realized what had happened when he started throwing a football at the top of the Blue Spruce tree.
What would you do if you got a soccer ball stuck
in the top branches of a Blue Spruce?
in the top branches of a Blue Spruce?
I think that it was pretty good problem solving.
Problem solving at its best!
And he was successful!
"Now, Charlie, where were we?"
So...here's the funny part.
The really funny part.
The really funny part.
Weeks later, I walk outside, and this is what I see.
Mmm hmmmm.
Hey, Matthew!
Will you take the rolls of toilet paper to the bathroom?
Problem solving at its best keeps on trying...
even in the face of frustration.
Or maybe with the face of frustration.
And trying...
Problem solving includes planning...
like counting the toilet paper rolls to make
two even towers.
two even towers.
Halfway there!
Problem solving means
that sometimes you have to start over.
Problem solving at its best.
Like father, like son.















