I don't believe this was an accident. I believe that God has an amazing sense of humor, and this was His way of making me smile. And it sure did. I had been cleaning out my Wednesday night church bag and was throwing away some extra copies of things that we are all finished with. This and several other cards were in the pile that I carried to the trash. I think it's funny that this card was the one to float out of my arms and land smack-dab on top of the laundry that needs to be folded.
Can I get a witness?!?!?!
I have no trouble putting loads of laundry into the washing machine. I don't mind switching the washed clothes over into the dryer. I don't mind that at all. But when it comes to folding the laundry? I'm sure that I waste plenty of electricity when I start and restart and re-restart the dryer so that the overly dry clothes won't be wrinkly. I can also let a load of towels, wash cloths, and socks sit around for days. Sometimes it sits long enough, with everyone finding what they need straight from the basket, that there was really no need to fold them.
Oh well, enough whining about the rotten laundry.
We had so much fun at the wedding on Saturday! After an entire morning of hunting down dress shoes that fit, getting a zip-tie at Ward's (have you seen zip-ties?!), and getting William a fresh haircut with his favorite barber, Dave, we came home and I spent the early afternoon doing another of my favorite chores...ironing. Cough! Sputter!
Then we were off to the wedding! What a beautiful, sweet wedding. And I love wedding receptions that are held at the church. One reason is because we don't have to drive anywhere. But there is just something else that makes it so right. We had So. Much. Fun! There was a DJ who played Rat Packish/Big Bandish/ Etta Jamesish music. So awesome! They also had a Photo Booth set up! Oh my goodness! We all LOVED that and walked away with way too many photo booth pictures of Josh and Matty (see below)! They also had a "Marriage Dance" that I have never seen before. All the married couples went to the dance floor and danced until they were "kicked off." We had to leave at "less than 25 years." The longest married couple, Mr. Bill and Mrs. Carole from our church, have been married for 57 years! Another awesome!
But the best part of the wedding? It was when Griffin stood at the front of the sanctuary, waiting for his bride. The look on his face. The beaming smile on the bride's face. That vacuum that they were in and we were completely blessed to be witness to. Now that is amazing.
Weddings > Laundry
No comments:
Post a Comment