It was July of 2007 when we took Joshua to the "Butterflies" exhibit at the zoo. Grandma, GG, and I took him so that he wouldn't miss Carrie and William too much while they were at JAM Camp for the week. If you have never been to a live butterfly exhibit, you should find one to visit! It is really amazing how close they get. Or maybe it's how close WE get.
I'm not sure if he is trying to stay away from the butterfly or the prickly tree. I would guess that he was pulling away from the tree.
Look at this one that sat right down on the wheel of GG's wheelchair.
Goldfish!
After visiting with the butterflies for awhile, we went out to the gardens to see the beautiful flowers.
And the pebbly dirt. We also went out to see the pebbly dirt.
It's hard to tell from these pictures, but I remember how afraid Josh was of this big red flower. He would get close to it, and then scurry away. Or he would turn around and find it there, over his shoulder, and he would cry out. But the best pebbles were right there! What's a guy to do?
While Grandma, GG, and I enjoyed the beautiful flowers, Joshua enjoyed the beautiful freedom of being able to roam around on the pebbly paths.
I think he was much more impressed with those pebbly paths than the beautiful flowers.
And now I've finished this blog post and need to write lesson plans, a menu for the week, and a grocery list...so that I can go to the grocery store since we have no food that anyone will choose for a meal or snack left in the kitchen. That means that I will have to stop procrastinating. Which is something that I do very, very, very, very...well.
Blogging > Grocery Shopping
I promise I won't do this every time.
Oh...and here' my favorite picture of Carrie and William at JAM Camp...
They do love each other!

Sweet little Joshy face. Maybe it will get warm enough soon to visit the butterflies. I love that picture of Carrie and William, also. I look at it every time I stand at the sink.
ReplyDeleteG'Ma