Is it ever a good time to have to buy an oven? There are so many other things that, if I got to choose, I would spend the money on. But isn't that just how it is? The emergencies step in and push the desires away. And that's OK. There really is nothing that we need. And we got by for almost a week without an oven thanks to the microwave and the crockpot. When I step back a bit from the noise of life, I remember that I am truly blessed. Truly blessed.
Thanks to Paul's overtime, a rebate, and six months same as cash, we are able to make cookies and casseroles again. And, thanks to this guy, we got the oven into the house after it was delivered. That's another blessing...William doesn't mind going out and talking with the delivery men and getting things all squared away. Thank you, William.
Hello, Cookie!
Yes...that's what we named her.
And bonus! The walls around the oven got a fresh coat of paint...a new color for our kitchen!
I love this! Real life encourages play. Sounds like a commercial for LEGOS, right? Josh built this little guy after the delivery men brought the oven.
Here she is...all tucked in. Hopefully she will last as long as her predecessor...twenty years!
Here's the recipe!
Thank you, Ree!
Monster Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Difficulty:
- Easy
- Servings:
- 36
Ingredients
- 2 sticks (1/2 Pound) Butter (salted) Softened
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1-1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1-1/2 cup Oats (either Quick Or Regular)
- 1/2 cup M & M's (more To Taste)
- 1/2 cup Pecans, Chopped (more To Taste)
- 3/4 cups Chocolate Chips (milk Or Semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 2-1/4 cups Rice Krispies
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream butter with sugars until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add to mixing bowl and mix till combined. After that, add in remaining ingredients in whatever quantity you prefer. Add more nuts if you'd like, or more M & M's, more peanut butter chips or chocolate chips.
Add Rice Crispies at the very end, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix!
Use a cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, then allow to cool on a rack.
Serve with glasses of cold milk.
My own personal timer...
So now Cookie has Monster Cookies, chicken fingers, leftover pizza, and after tonight ribs under her belt. Dare I say that I'm enjoying supper-making? Maybe I shouldn't say that out loud yet.











No comments:
Post a Comment