What a fun day! She played with girls who she has played with and against for the past several years and played under a really super coach. She really enjoyed her day! And, even though I was a bit nervous about her fingers (especially after Josh's broken arm the night before), I really enjoyed watching her play one more game too. Basketball has been a big part of our lives for quite a few years now.
Here she is being announced and given an all-star medal...
The team from the South! Although, now that I say that and look at the picture, I realize that the gal on the left is from a South Bend team. You would think that South Bend would be south, but it pretty far north. Hmmmm...
Carrie and #2 played on the Marlins together last season. They became pretty good friends. So when Crystal moved to another basketball team this past year, Carrie was sad to see her go, but they kept in touch. Through this friendship, Carrie was introduced to Crystal's friend, RJ. They are all buddies off the court and were excited to play together on the court too.
Some pre-game coaching going on...
The seniors!
Fist bump!
This was a long day for Josh. He was taking extra-special care with his freshly wrapped arm which caused it to be a little sore.
William with a book in his hand. This is how I most often find him lately.
And Matthew on the floor. He always asks if he can lay on the floor at church too. More comfortable than sitting, I guess.
Here are the girls listening to a Taylor basketball player (who was homeschooled in high school) and Taylor's girls' coach.
Announcing the players...
Get your game on!
We haven't seen Shawn all season! The boys were pretty happy to see him again.
Almost the final score. My camera batteries died right before the end of the game. The girls from the North defeated the girls from the South...but not by much! The final score was 51-48.
I'm so proud of Carrie for so many reasons! She is not afraid to get out there and give it her best. She's not afraid to take the high road or the narrow road. And she's not afraid to take the road less-traveled. God has some really great things awaiting this young lady! I am so excited to travel along and see what God has planned! Carrie, you are an all-star!
"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain." --Philippians 2:14-16 (NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment