Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Few Leftovers from the Week

Our homeschool group has been such a blessing this year!  It is every year, but there are some years days that I am tired and just want to stay home on the Thursdays that our group meets.  But this year...this semester specifically...I have been excited to join with the other moms and all of the children each Thursday afternoon.  Carrie and William have had some really awesome classes this semester too.  They have visited an optometrist, played Minute-to-Win-It games, and have learned self-defense from an amazing teacher.  Last week their class was called "Worship Art."  Their leader talked with them about what worship is and showed them a video with Louie Giglio (check out his videos on youtube...wow!).  Then, while listening to worship music, they "painted a worship portrait to the Lord."

Blank canvases...



If anyone ever asks you if you can worship with a sucker in your mouth, it appears that the answer would be yes.






Carrie's finished Worship Art (painted while listening to "Nothing but the Blood")...


And William's...
(Although, he told me before he went to class that he was going to paint a mailbox???  Better than a mailbox!)


And this!  
I don't usually participate in April Fool's Day pranks.  It's fun watching how original and creative the kids get with it, but I can never seem to think of anything funny.  This year was pretty quiet as far as pranks were concerned.  Josh salted the Oreos and William poured a bowl of lukewarm water on Josh while he was in the shower.  But the one that made me laugh...and still has me laughing...was Carrie's prank.

This is "Cat Dude."  Carrie found this picture awhile back.  She and William send it to my phone every now and then, and for some reason, it makes me belly-laugh.   On Tuesday morning, I was getting Paul's breakfast ready.  I picked up the coffee carafe and under it was Cat Dude!  It scared me, but I laughed.  Then, under the first coffee filter was Cat Dude.  And wrapped around the knife that I used...and in the sandwich baggie that I pulled out of the box...and in the frog's food...and under my favorite coffee mug...and on the light switch next to the loveseat where I sit to do my Bible time. 



Then, when I went to check my email and balance my checkbook, this is what I found sticking out from under the keyboard.  Then I tried to wiggle the ball on the mouse to wake up the computer, but it wouldn't budge.  After trying to open the mouse and then trying to pull out the ball, I turned it over and found tape stuck in it.  I pushed the ball out and saw that the tape had "Ha" written all over it.


Meet Phteven.  Another picture that brings on belly-laughs. 


When I finally woke up the computer, this is what I found...


I'm still finding Cat Dude all over the house.  I guess Carrie hid 28 of them.
And Phteven is still on the computer.  He makes me laugh.

What amazes me most about Carrie's prank is that she knows what I do in the morning even though she is never awake to see me do it!  Am I really that much a creature of habit?

Participating in April Fool's Day pranks can be tough.  There's a fine line that you have to walk between keeping it funny and pranky without being mean and causing hard feelings.  I think that the kids did a really good job of fooling people without making them feel like fools.

And beware.
Mom is now planning ahead.



1 comment: