Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bugs!

Look at all of the buds on our driveway!
I remember having this many maple tree buds only a few times in the twenty years that we've lived here.  


One of those years was when Carrie was only 2.  I said to her what I just said to you..."Look at all of the buds on our driveway!"  I could not figure out why she began crying and yelling and dancing around.  Until I realized that she was yelling, "Bugs!"


Oh no, sweet baby!  BUDS...not BUGS!
Talk about feeling terrible for scaring her so!


I think about that every spring when the maple trees start budding.
But especially this year because they are all over the drive like they were 16 years ago.


Sixteen years ago?
She was 2 for goodness sake!
Where has the time gone?




DISCLAIMER:  This blogging mom may become somewhat sentimental on occasion over the course of the next few months due to being the momma of an 18-year old senior who will be graduating from our homeschool in just over a month and beginning college in just over four months.



No comments:

Post a Comment