It has been a sort of relief to me that Easter is later than usual this year. Back in February, I thought, "Oh boy! A later Easter will give me time to fit in activities that we don't usually have time for. And it will be prettier and warmer on Easter weekend!" Matthew's birthday this year will be the day after Easter, so a later Easter also gives me another week to plan for his birthday parties.
Can you say "procrastinate?" Actually, it might not be fair to blame my tendency to procrastinate. This spring has been full of activity and with the encouragement of Elisabeth Elliot, I have been doing...and enjoying...the next thing.
So, when I realized (with complete surprise!) that this Sunday is Palm Sunday...and that I don't even have the Easter box out of the garage...I could hardly believe it! Today I will be getting the Easter box out of the garage and putting out the books and decorations. I will also be inviting everyone over to color eggs a week from TONIGHT, and I will be deciding what fun things we will be doing in the next week to prepare for one of the most important days on our calendar...Resurrection Sunday.
And...it will be warmer and prettier next weekend than it was last year when Easter was on March 31. Although, my forsythia looks right now like it looked last year...
But I think all of the boys are taller this year than they were last year...even William!
Carrie's same beautiful smile...
And then there's Charlie.
I do love this time of year and am looking forward to the coming week. There is always a sadness that accompanies Easter week because of all that was happening as Jesus prepared to go to the cross...but then the JOY! Thank You, Jesus!






No comments:
Post a Comment