My friend, Lauri (who needs to be encouraged to start blogging again!), and I were talking about Elijah and Elisha after Bible study last night. I was sharing with her that I had never, ever read about Elisha and the youths until we read it from the kids' Bible curriculum a couple of years ago (I'm guessing sometime close to the fall of 2009 since Matthew is walking/running?).
Our curriculum notes recommended that we act out this Bible story.
Who knew that such a terrible story would become such a wonderful memory for us.
Maybe we're twisted.
Anyway, I promised her that I would post it on here so that she could see it.
But first, just in case you are like me and don't remember this story at all, here it is...
2 Kings 2: 23 -25
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.
Now...without further ado...presenting...
Elisha and the Youths...and the She-Bear(s)
Elisha is played by William
The Mouthy Youth is played by Joshua
The Running, Smacking Youth is played by Matthew
The She-Bear is played by Carrie
Director and Videographer: Jodi (Mom)
Joshua asked to do it again...did you hear that?
Because "we didn't get a good shot."
It went a little south the second time.
Enjoying Bible stories that maybe should not be enjoyed,
I love it!!! Smiled the whole time. I'd love to be a kid at your house. :)
ReplyDelete