How often do I find myself thinking that I'm not doing enough for my kids? That I'm not giving them all that they need? That I'm not quite the mom/homeschool teacher-mom that they deserve? That I'm not all that God created me to be.
Just yesterday, I was visiting for awhile over at
Clover Lane when I found this lovely quote
by Mother Theresa...
Just yesterday, I was visiting for awhile over at
Clover Lane when I found this lovely quote
by Mother Theresa...
"Start by making your own home a place where happiness and love abound, through your love for each member of your family and for your neighbour. Try to put in the hearts of your children a love for home. Make them long to be with their families. So much sin could be avoided if our people really love their homes."
Mother Theresa
Oh! That's what I want! That is my heart's cry!
I encourage you to take on this assignment. Put together 20 pictures of your family. You will find a new perspective on your role as mom--God's perspective. You might also find, like I did while working on this post, a little boy at your elbow begging for his mom to come watch him...just watch him...ride his bike. And, after reading Laurie's blog post this morning, that's just what I did. I watched him ride and ride and ride.
And I treasured it.
I will make my home a place where happiness and love are found!








Beautiful family, beautiful post!
ReplyDeleteoh my word, seriously, Jodi...you and yours always look very JOYFUL and smiling. THAT, my dear, is a true testament to the kind of home you have made.
ReplyDeleteCarrie is also a testament to your mothering...at our first WRHE picnic, we were feeling kinda awkward and such, but she came over and introduced herself to my kids and took them right in.
you're awesome. You are a true testimony to choosing joy and being loving.
I could go on...much love to you...L