(In my defense, I think that I should add that at the time of the writing of this post, I was in my seventh month of pregnancy. I contend that I had a good excuse. You'll understand as you read on...)
From February 20, 2008...
I loved the comments that I received on my last entry! One of the great things about blogging is to be able to "say" the things that I'm thinking--and then to find out that I'm not the only one thinking those things!
And thank you, Happy Homes, for your latest blog entry! Along with the strong dislike I have for cooking is an even stronger sense of guilt. I worry all the time about our health and about the message I'm sending to the kids--especially when they catch me with my hand in the Peanut M&M bag. (Chocolate is easier to get off your hands than Cheetos!)
You want to talk guilt? One of our favorite TV shows to sit down and watch is "The Biggest Loser." We've followed this show through several different seasons in our family life. One season, we used it as a motivational tool. We would watch it and get good ideas on how to take care of ourselves. It would motivate us to eat healthier and to exercise. This season? Let me share with you the "conversation" that Joshua and I had last night at 7:56 PM.
Me: Hey, Joshy, let's go watch "The Biggest Loser!"
Joshua: "Eat ice cream?"
O.K., so this season we're using "The Biggest Loser" soley for its entertainment purposes. We've even been known to say, "What's our 'Biggest Loser' snack tonight?" At the beginning of the season, the guilt quotient is almost non-existent. But later in the season--as the contestants begin losing the big numbers--the guilt quotient gets pretty high. That's where it was last night. We didn't eat ice cream--but only because we had just eaten Papa Murphy's pizza. All right--and because we didn't have any in the freezer.
Go ahead, put your right hand up there close to your forehead in gun formation and give me the Big L sign. I deserve it.
Enjoying ice cream and Peanut M&M's and brownies and pizza and...
I honestly could barely boil water when I got married...
ReplyDeleteCooking has never been on my "Fun List"...
But I have children and therefore I cook!
:-) Beth
My hand is staying far away from my forehead. That would be the pot calling the kettle black! At least YOU have an excuse!! ;)
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Debbie
hilarious!! and you are so not alone, so as Debbie above says, this girls hand, also, is staying farrr away from the forehead!
ReplyDeleteyou crack me up!