Sometimes my blog posts don't get published.
For one reason or another, I just put them aside...maybe to work on them later when the creative juices are flowing more freely...maybe because I am just not happy with how the post is coming along.
This is one of those posts that became a "draft" rather than a published post.
So, here it is...From the Archives...
As we were driving home one evening, we saw a billboard that really scared me. I don't even know what it was advertising, but it was a picture of this guy with big googly eyes. He looked frightened. I think that must have been the point of the billboard...he was maybe afraid because he didn't have insurance, or something like that.
It got Carrie and me to talking. I said, "Boy, that would be on my top ten list of scary things." Then she tried to guess some of the other things that would be on my list.
Of course, there are the obvious things--the ones that I think all of us fear...life without Jesus, accidents that hurt our loved ones, disease, etc...
But this is a list devoted more to my common, everyday, even silly fears.
So, now you have it.
My official
"Top Ten List of Things That Scare Me"
#10 The Googly-Eyed Guy on the billboard
#9 Rollercoasters
#8 Swimming in lakes--What's in the water that I can't see, anyway?!
#7 People dressed up in costumes who try to shake my hand and talk to me
#6 The Burger King guy in the commercials--the one with the big plastic BK head
#5 Clowns
#4 Darth Maul
Sorry...I can't even post a picture of him because he is so scary.
So...here's the Lego Darth Maul...
#3 Spiders
#2 Snakes
#1 Tornadoes
Ew.










this is a great post...though I do like roller coasters, just not as much as I used to.
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative and it was so neat to be in the preschool class with you yesterday....you are SO good at that!!
Hugs and happy Friday,
Laurie