Seventeen years ago today...on a Saturday...Paul and I were married.
One of my best days ever!
Of the many pictures that were taken that day, this is one of my very most favorites. My paternal grandpa and grandma are on the left, my maternal grandma is seated in the front, and Paul's maternal grandma is on the right.
Paul's grandma, Jane, is still living and more beautiful than ever. Our kids call her GG (Great-Grandma). As you can guess, we all call her GG now.
GG lives close by, and yesterday, we spent the afternoon reminiscing and laughing over lunch, coffee, and dinner. The kids adore her and are always so excited when we go to visit. We love her stories of yesterday and her sweetness of today.
This picture is a reminder to me of the love of family.
It is also a reminder of how quickly time flies by and how we cannot take for granted one moment of our lives.

I am also reminded that Grandpa refused to wear a tie to my wedding. Refused...no matter how much Grandma talked to him about it.
Happy Anniversary, Paul.
I am honored and blessed beyond what I can comprehend that we have the rest of our lives to look forward to together.
I love you very much.
Enjoying our Journey,
Happy Anniversary, Kids! 17 years....wooohooo!
ReplyDeleteyou are such a wonderful blogger.
happy weekend
Happy Anniversary you two! Love you!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! On the grandpa note, at least you got him in a suit. It could have been worse, my dad almost showed up in black jeans to my wedding.
ReplyDeleteI still Love you more.
ReplyDeletePaul
Happy Belated anniversary! It will be 16 years for us this August, wow how time flies.
ReplyDeleteAngela