I have a hard time putting into words everything that I want to say.
Just the way I want to say it.
This is one of those times.
How do you tell the man that you love...in "just the right words"...how much he means to you?
How much he means to your kids?
So...I cheated.
Just a little.
I found this poem that describes Paul so well.
And the pictures. You know what they say...
"A pictures says a thousand words."
What Makes A Dad?
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad
--Author Unknown
This is the man I love.
The man we call "Daddy."
The kids are much more uninhibited.
Here's what they have to say about their Daddy.
I love my Daddy. He keeps me safe and understands when I'm scared.
--Matthew (as told to Mom) :)
"I love my Daddy. He teases me and makes me laugh."
--Joshua
"I love my Dad! I've learned that Dad can get through a dangerous place."
--William
"I love my Daddy! I've learned from him that it's OK to be a dork sometimes, but always remember to laugh at yourself." :D
--Carrie
"The best thing a man can do for his children is to love their mother."
I love you right back, Paul.
Thank you for being the perfect Dad for our kids!
God sure knows what He's doing, doesn't He?
Happy Father's Day!
Enjoying the Journey with you Sweetie,
So perfectly stated. God is so good. What a gem of a post!
ReplyDeletesniff sniff....beautiful post, Jodi. :)
ReplyDeleteeven though I don't know Paul, he surely seems like a wonderful dad! God has truly blessed you.