And what a testimony as to why we need to take more camping trips!
Josh, after being in Sheboygan for just a couple of days, said, "I could live in Sheboygan!"
I asked him why, and he said, "I just love it. And I love Lake Michigan. And I do love camping!"
Here are some highlights from our first morning in Sheboygan.
This is what you do your first morning in Sheboygan if your wife forgot to pack the can opener and you would really like to eat breakfast.
And for the very observant...no--it wasn't Halloween.
I also forgot to bring a seasonally appropriate tablecloth.
Guess who slept in and missed all of the can opening excitement...
This is one of William's favorite camping breakfasts.
The other would be Pop Tarts.
Our campsite was pretty sandy/dusty.
Josh--even though he had plenty of warning that his feet would get really yucky--decided to play barefoot outside. When he came in he cried to have his feet washed. I told him that his feet would get all sandy when we went to the beach anyway.
He said, "Dirty feet bug me. Beach feet don't bug me."
I don't know.
For some reason, it's fun to play "shower cap" with these stretchy bowl covers.
See the nice marks on Matthew's forehead and nose?
He took a pretty good fall on the Sunday before we left.
On the sidewalk...no hands to catch him...all face.
Josh would look at him, make a face, and say, "I really wish that bump would go away. It makes me so sad!"
Finally!
We are on our way to the beach!
No turning back now!!
One stop before the beach...
Carrie is helping the little boys fill up their squirt guns.
And the boys are trying out the water pump.
Back on course!
The beach and Lake Michigan was only a five minute walk from the campsite.
Past a few campsites, across an open field, over a sand dune, and...TaDah!!
Paul is enjoying the view.
Matthew is admiring his bucket.
It may be spring, but Carrie celebrated "fall" on the beach.
Matthew is trying out the sand tools that Grandma and Grandpa gave him for Easter.
Sand castle disaster.
I love the expression on William's face!
Pretty girl on the beach!
Sand castle success!
Josh celebrates his first ever sand castle!
William and Josh are just enjoying the water.
Once William got in the water, we couldn't get him out.
It didn't matter how cold the water was!
Matthew's favorite activity was "sand flipping."
He would pick up sand in his shovel and flip it out into the water.
We really had to keep an eye on him, because each time he flipped a shovelful of sand, he would step back and get a new one.
He could travel away from us pretty quickly, all the while flipping that sand into the water!
I know what you're thinking, Honey.
Let's build a house right here.
Sun, sand, and waves.
I could live in Sheboygan.
Enjoying the Journey,
I love the pictures! I could live there too! Makes me wanna go right now!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Matthew admiring his bucket. lol All that way just to see a cool bucket.
ReplyDeletegreat pix, as always.
ReplyDeletethe beach looks very inviting...
hugs!!