I know this may not be the most engaging and entertaining blog post I've written, but I just had to share what's going on in our yard!
Here is a bird that we've not ever seen before.
Paul looked out the kitchen window on July 4th and asked if I knew what kind of it was.
We figured it was some type of woodpecker since it was, uh, pecking at wood. :)
I looked it up in our bird book and found that it is a Yellow-Shafted Flicker. The two we saw in our backyard that morning were hunting around at the base of the trees for ants.
Good for them! Eat all the ants you'd like!
What pretty markings!
Can you see the red patch on the back of his head?
And here's our little bunny.
Since Jack ran away early in the spring, we've seen a lot more wildlife in our yard...including bunnies...and snakes...but we we'll not talk about the snakes. Maybe if we don't talk about them, they'll go away.
Anyway, here is a bunny who has continued to live at our house even after his family has left. Last night Paul saw him hop across the front yard and land in the ground cover in front of the house. I guess he likes to dine on it.
Forgive me for the background music.
Dumb song.
Anytime I see a bunny, that song just escapes from my lips!
I figured, why fight it?
So, now I invite you into my Veggie Tale created "warpedness."
Isn't he sweet?
And while I'm on the subject of wildlife, I just have to tell you what Josh calls Lightning Bugs...
THUNDER BUGS!
He was trying to tell me that he saw some lightning bugs outside, and that was the association he made.
I love it. I think I may always refer to them as Thunder Bugs now.
No comments:
Post a Comment