Friday, July 3, 2009

Alive and Well



That's right!
Our little tadpole has grown into a funny frog!
I say funny, because he is so much fun to watch!
And because he has little black toes! How cute is that?!

Last Sunday we decided that it was time to move him into an aquarium. I am so thankful for the internet! We found some really good information on African Clawed Frogs and so were able to make some informed decisions about his environment.

Of course, I still worry about him. I have enjoyed having him around so much that I worry that something will happen to him...that I'll accidentally hurt him somehow. I worry that he will be hurt or sick and won't be able to tell me about it.

We've all become pretty attached to him. You should see how Matthew smiles and waves his arms when he sees the aquarium. And how Joshua gets his stool and stands there on it talking to him...and then says, "Mom, make the Zac boice (voice)." And how Carrie and William pass by and check in on him..."Hey, Zac!" I think that even Paul might say "Hi" when he passes by. :)

The past two days, he has been a little sluggish and has spent a lot of time hiding from us. He even swam up into the castle and hid. William and I couldn't find him for a little while! Then, when I saw his little foot hanging out of the castle, I was just sure that he was dead.

But I was wrong.
He's alive and well...as far as I can tell.

I pray for him each time I pass his little home in our kitchen.
I know that God doesn't want me to worry...and that He cares for even a little African Clawed Frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment