Saturday, March 8, 2008

Me Too

Too funny. One evening, Josh came up to me with William's math book and a marker and said, "Me do my maff." As seriously as I could (I didn't want to discourage him!), I showed him where he could write in the book.

Just days before, he had come to me while I was cleaning the bathroom. I asked him what he had been doing, and he said, "Watching Mr. Demme." We use the Math-U-See curriculum, and Mr. Demme is the teacher on the videos. He had been watching Mr. Demme with William.



Later that evening, he sat down at the table with me and said, "Me do mine homework." Homework?! Where did he get that word? I don't think that I ever use the word homework. Everything we do is "home" work, so I don't ever use that term. He must have heard one of the kids talking about homework--or caught it from a TV show that we were watching. I don't know.

Anyway, here he is, sporting my reading glasses.




O.K. Funny story about the reading glasses. I decided last January that after many years of not having an eye exam, I would have one. Well, the doctor told me that I might benefit from having a pair of reading glasses. I tried them for awhile but never thought that they did all that much for me. They didn't even make me look smarter. See?



So, the funny part is that the glasses just disappeared. I figured that it must have something to do with Joshua. I looked and looked and never did find them. Well, back in October I got the box that holds our hats and gloves out of the attic. The kids were digging through it to find what they needed and low and behold--there were my glasses! Josh must have stashed them in there back in March, and then I put the box up in the attic.

It makes me wonder what else is hiding in my house. Paul would tell me I have too much stuff. I don't even have an arguement for that one.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! What a smart little boy! Do you have the Leap Frog Letter Factory videos? It is WONDERFUL for teaching kids their sounds. You can pop it in and tell him it's his school!

    I shudder to think of what is packed away in the boxes in my basement, but I intend to find out one day - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite studious looking you are my dear. I'll try to send you my coding on the video. Smooch.

    ReplyDelete