Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sweet William

It's so much fun to celebrate a birthday--especially when it is for one of your children.

William turned 10 on March 16. It's just so hard to believe that it was 10 years ago that he became such an important part of our family. Since then, he has brought so much joy to all of us. It's been so much fun to watch him grow and change. His personality has positively blossomed in the past few years. I am so thankful for this very special boy that God has created and shared with us.

Here, William is doing something that he loves to do...light his own birthday candles. This year he chose these really long, thin sparkler candles. They weren't easy to light--it took a long time for each one to catch fire. He got lots of advice on how to speed up the process, but he decided that lighting each one individually, with matches, was the only way to thoroughly enjoy himself. That's one of the many things I love about William. He knows what he wants, and he is usually able to figure out a way to accomplish it.










There were more candle-lighting pictures, but I think you get the idea. I couldn't stop taking pictures of him lighting candles--the whole things just struck me as funny! He was so determined!

And finally, he is able to enjoy the fruit of his labor! I'm not even sure if he remembered to make a wish or not.


The rest of the day was spent opening gifts, playing and just enjoying the family from far and near who came to celebrate William's life.



Happy Birthday, Dear, Sweet William! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment