So, laying all pride aside, it's the girls' turn!
Here I am with foil in my hair. Carrie really enjoyed taking this picture and made me promise that I would post it.
Lovely, huh? Well, just wait until you get to the end of the post. Just a warning if you don't like pictures of feet...
But first, here is Carrie patiently waiting for her turn in the chair. Just a trim for Carrie--no beautiful foil pictures. No foil because no gray to cover.
And don't forget the recently added "coffee and refreshment bar." Now tell me that this isn't better than the barber shop?!
And now, the feet. I had to put this on as a warning to anyone who has never had a pedicure. As you can probably tell from the first picture, I do not take care of my feet. No lotion, no filing, no buffing, no nothing.
My hairdresser talked me into having a pedicure before our baby comes. I decided to give it a try.
The warning? If you do not want to get hooked on something new, don't have a pedicure! It could become extremely addictive! Sitting with my feet in a whirlpool tub and having them buffed and lotioned, filed and painted was just too wonderful. It is an addiction that I just cannot afford right now! I'm hoping that this once will tide me over for a long time. In the mean time, I'm trying to be good to my feet by putting lotion on them everyday.
Now, I do have to tell you that Joshua will still tell you that the barber shop is better than the beauty shop. Just yesterday, he decided that he needed to take another trip to the barber shop for "new hair and a sucker."
The ultimate pedicure: $40, plus tip
Trip to the barber shop: $10, no tip--and don't forget the free sucker
Sticky 2-year old sucker face: Priceless
Hey...I just realized you are 8 months pregnant and can still photograph your feet! Not fair!
ReplyDeleteThe pedicure sounds wonderful. Sometimes I pay my kids to rub lotion on my feet when I read to them at night. That's as close as I'll ever come to a real one! LOL!