Monday, March 3, 2008

In Like a Monkey...

The news report Saturday morning said that March was coming in like a lion without teeth. I'll take that, in the hopes that March will be going out like a lamb--even if that lamb has fangs. How bad could that be?

At our house, March came in like a monkey! Paul didn't have to work Saturday--he took the day off so that he could go to the kids' last basketball games. These two facts made it a special Saturday at our house, so we had Monkey Bread. If you like cinnamon rolls, I think you would like Monkey Bread--and it's so easy! You'll see once you've finished it, why it's called Monkey Bread. You actually pick your pieces off--I guess like a monkey would. We also found out a new reason it might be called Monkey Bread. When Josh put a piece in his mouth, he would say, "Mmmm" and push it to the front of his mouth--up in front of his teeth--making him look like a little monkey. I wanted to take pictures of it--and of Josh's monkey face--but my camera wasn't in an easy-to-get-to place, and I knew I would miss the moment. Plus, the Monkey Bread went very fast. And now it's gone!

Here' the recipe, if you would like to try it. It's so good with a cup of coffee!

First: 4 packages of refrigerator rolls (store brand work best), cut into fourths. Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Put in greased 13x9 pan...glass works best.

Second: Bring to boil: 1 stick butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 3 T. water

Third: Pour over biscuits. Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool for 7-10 minutes. Invert on cookie sheet.

I don't have any Monkey Bread pictures to share, but I do have "The Last Basketball Game of the Season" pictures to share! I will miss going to Saturday games to watch Carrie and William play, but it will be nice to have those Saturdays and the weeknight practice nights free again.

This is a video that I happened to catch of William making a basket. He's the one who is standing under the basket. I hope this shows up. It's the first time I've tried putting a video on here.

The other picture of William is while he dribbling the ball. The ball looks like it's lying flat on the floor.

















And here are some pictures from Carrie's game.
The picture directly below is of Joshua and Grandma cheering on the team.
Under that is Carrie sitting the bench after getting fouled out for the period. Uh-oh!
It was a pretty good Saturday!





2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad the video didn't work! Hannah-Indiana posted one, you might want to check with her on how she did it!

    It looks like a fun, fun day. Thanks for sharing the monkey bread recipe. I used to make that a long time ago. I'll have to try some again soon.

    Have a safe day. It looks yucky out there, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to make it. I want you to make it for me. Great pics of the games. Smooch.

    ReplyDelete