Oh my.
I should be going to bed. But it's only 8pm and still light outside. I asked the boys if they were ready for bed, and Matthew looked outside and said, "But it's light outside!" Then Carrie quoted "Frozen"..."The sky's awake, so I'm awake, so we have to play!" Then Josh and Matthew started saying it. So I gave up and decided to blog.
Tomorrow morning at 4am, we will be loaded in the truck ready to head to Nappanee for Baby Emmie's dedication. Church service begins at 8:00 (just twelve hours from now!), so we need to get moving early if we want to try out Taco Bell's new breakfast menu on the way. Which we promised as extra incentive for making this a day trip.
So...before heading off to bed, I'm going to blog about something that I've wanted to blog about all week long! Last Sunday evening was Carrie's Senior Piano Recital. She has been so excited about this recital! And I have been just a little nervous. OK...a lot nervous. It's not that I'm nervous really for Carrie, because I know that performing is something that she loves. I get nervous because I remember how I used to feel when I had to perform. P-uking sick! So, if I just take me out of the formula, then I can be just as excited for Carrie as she is. Much easier said than done.
Well, she performed amazingly! We were blessed to have so many friends and family members there with us to support Carrie as she ends one chapter in her life and begins another. Carrie not only played more beautifully than I've ever heard her play, but she also spoke to her audience, telling us a little about each composer and piece before playing. God has blessed her greatly with a talent that she wants to use to glorify Him! I am so thankful for the ways in which He has prepared her for this moment and how she searches for His will in her life. I am so proud of her for so many reasons.
I didn't take any pictures during the recital since it was being recorded, but as we were leaving a friend took a family picture and some pictures of Carrie. I was so happy that she thought to ask if she could take our picture. It's not often that we get a family picture taken.
Our beautiful girl...
After we got home, I asked Carrie if I could get a picture of her hair before she took it down. She found this one on Pinterest and gave it a try. Isn't it so pretty?!
Even with bunny ears.
And moose antlers.
She also received several bouquets of flowers that we have enjoyed all week.
I've spent more time gardening this week than blogging. The weather here has been absolutely beautiful all week, so I decided that I would get out every morning before breakfast so that I can get the flower beds all cleaned up. Paul has even tilled me a garden patch! I can hardly wait to start planting a few things! But that will have to wait until Monday. As of right now, it doesn't look like the weather will cooperate for gardening, so I may have more time for blogging again. And! We are just one week away from Carrie's high school graduation ceremony! UNBELIEVABLE! There will be so much to blog about very soon!
Time for bed whether the boys are ready or not! Which they won't be because they are busy watching the Tasmanian Devil and Bugs Bunny. The quote flying around right now is, "What for you bury me in the cold, cold ground?"
Silly Do-Wacka-Do's.




No comments:
Post a Comment