Facebook is a really fun thing.
I love getting on there and seeing what my family and friends are up to!
I especially love the shared laughter.
Funny things that the kids are saying.
Funny things that are happening to each of them.
Facebook is also a really easy thing.
I find it so easy to pop on there and post something.
The problem with it is that so much of what I post...the things that I want to remember the kids saying or doing...eventually scroll off my wall into the land of faded memory.
Blogging is tougher.
It takes more time, concentration, and creativity--most of which I feel like I never, ever have enough of.
But the payoff is so much greater!
I am able to save the moment and hold onto it forever.
I had to think about that this morning as I got ready to post something that the little boys had said yesterday.
I thought, "I really want to remember that they said that! I want them to know that they said that!"
So...here I am blogging after a long vacation from blogging.
I want to remember how innocent Matthew and Josh are right now.
How they say what they mean and they mean what they say.
Yesterday, Matthew decided how old I must be...or how young!
"Mommy is sixteen because she can drive a truck."
He knows that sixteen is the magical age, because Carrie is waiting patiently (sort of) for Paul and me to decide where she will be taking her driver's ed training.
He wasn't trying to flatter me.
Age means very little to him--except in terms of being a "big boy" rather than a baby.
But, nonetheless...it was very flattering.
Josh piped in.
"Mom can't be sixteen!"
"Yikes!" I'm thinking.
"Mom can't be sixteen because she is married!"
Good boy. :)
Did I mention that Josh is going to turn 6 years old on Sunday?
I get teary-eyed just thinking about that.
His entrance into the world was nothing short of miraculous.
And his presence in our lives has been nothing short of life-changing.
And speaking of life-changing...Joshua asked Jesus to be the Lord of his life on a Tuesday morning in July.
He will be baptized this Sunday...on his sixth birthday!
What could make a momma happier?
Nothing beats that.
Nothing at all.
Iced-coffee.
It has become something that Carrie and I look forward to on special occasions.
Like Saturday afternoons.
Or Monday mornings.
We found a homemade recipe that is "to-die-for!"
Here is what's left after the straining.
Imagine the fragrance of strong, black coffee filtering out of your computer screen right now.
Mmmmm...
Add yet another milestone in Joshua's short life...
That's right!
He lost his first tooth!
One more reason to smile!
Enjoying the simple things,
so glad you are back to blogging!!
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your posts...you are an incredible blogger and such an encouragement to so many, me INCLUDED.
beautiful kids, beautiful parents, beautiful life...thanks for sharing, sweetness!
can't believe how big Matthew is getting...what???