I love that boy...he speaks my language.
After reading the nice book of his choice, he rolls over and this is the view I see every afternoon around 1:15.
On this particular afternoon, as I was drifting off to sleep next to Matthew, I just knew that I needed a picture of the back of his head. All too soon, he will be too busy and too big to take an afternoon nap with his momma.
When I woke up from my nap, I snuck out of bed and went for my camera.
After a couple of snaps, Matthew started to wake up.
Look how drowsy he looks...
I just love that sleepy, contented smile...a smile framed by lunch crumbs.
As he rolled over onto his back, he seemed to be a little confused.
Who are you?
And what are you doing?
Oh! It's you, Mommy!
I see you behind that camera!
Where's my happy bird?
Before nap time that day, something had made Matthew cry.
I can't remember what it was, but I do remember that I gave him my Bluebird of Happiness that I got from Judy many years ago.
He took it to bed with him.
Oh! There it is!
So happy and cozy.
I took this picture for me.
And for the boys.
To remind us that a clean bedroom really can be a reality.
And to remind them of how much they enjoy a clean bedroom.
This cleaning project was the "dump everything out of your room except the furniture and anything that is plugged in and start over" kind of project.
It took us almost one week to complete.
You really don't care if your room is messy or clean, do you?
I love you, Sleepy Boy.
Enjoying clean rooms and sleepy smiles,
No comments:
Post a Comment