Thursday, December 11, 2008

Date Night

Another date night has come and gone.
This time it was with William. This was our very first official "date night." We weren't sure what else to call it. Carrie and I had our GNO (Girls' Night Out). I guess we could get creative and think of a name for it, but we just called it our "date night."

We went round and round about where we would go. We would almost have it decided upon, and then I would say, "Or we could try..." That would send William thinking again.

Finally we decided upon Donatos. We've ordered their pizza a lot, but we've never gone into the restaurant to eat. We had lots of fun.

Isn't he a good-lookin' guy? I love those dimples! He's had them since day one.



If I'm looking a little peaked, it's because this was the first week that I was feeling better after having that dog-gone (I've never written that word--is it right?) stomach virus. I think William and I had to postpone our date night twice because of it. This made it a very anticipated event.



Here's a picture of William trying out our pepperoni pizza. Yummy!



And here's the shelf that hung over his side of the booth. It's hard to tell from this picture, but the jar of olive oil is very, very close to the edge.

Yikes!



After having dinner, we went to Wal-Mart--it's one of our favorite places. We did a little Christmas shopping.

I don't know why I didn't take any pictures at Wal-Mart. I guess we were just too serious about our shopping to stop and take any pictures.

I think that we all would say that the parent-child date night has been a really good thing. Paul and I even decided to get ourselves into the rotation. We went out and saw "Fireproof" a couple of weeks ago. Paul and Joshua have a date night next week--that will mean that we've all had a turn- and then we will take a Christmas vacation.

Christmas!
How many days did you say it is until Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. I think it rocks that you do this with your kids. I used to...a loooooooong time ago...and they ask now and then to do it again...so thanks for the encouragement.
    Wasn't Fireproof amazing? did you weep the whole time?
    um, it's about 11.5 days till Christmas. I haven't started shopping yet. yikes.

    Love ya, LY

    ReplyDelete