Miss Sticky Fingers...
Don't you lick those fingers! People are watching! :)
What would a great cookie-making day be without some sampling along the way?
And don't forget a little bit of trauma.
I don't even remember what the tears here were about.
I think it had something to do with Carrie taking Joshua's favorite red, white, and blue sprinkles (I know, I know--it's Christmas, not the Fourth of July) to use on her cookies. Joshua's sudden crying led to some crying from Matthew.
Good job, William.
Some sweet cookie sprinkling skills being demonstrated here.
And don't forget that winning smile!
He has learned to overlook trauma.
Oops.
Look what happens when Mom is busy taking pictures of someone else.
Can you see the mountain of sprinkles on top of that cookie?
Here's a close-up.
Sorry for the flash glare.
And while you're looking at the sprinkles, look to the right and check out the bites out of several nearby cookies. It's funny what you notice "after the fact."
And, Joshua, what do you plan on doing with that mess you've made?
Mwahaha!
Can you see the sugar crystals hanging from his lips?!
When the decorating is all done, there is always a bunch of mismatched sugar sprinkles left in the bottom of the pan.
Usually we use this mess of sprinkles to make a few Junk Cookies--cookies that get all of those sprinkles poured on top of them.
This year, William decided to try something a little different.
Lovely.
What I don't have is a picture of the rest of Joshua's container of sugar crystals getting dumped on the floor.
Grrrr....
"Does someone need a hug?!"
Ah, Carrie, you know me so well.
She even vacuumed them all up for me.
Thank you, Sweetheart.
And to think...we're doing this all over again today.
Sigh.
(Please try to ignore that Mountain Dew sitting right next to all that sugar. Thank you.)
you are definitely mom of the year in my book...baking cookies WITH SPRINKLES with your kids? can I come live with you? can my kids too?
ReplyDeleteMelanie was the only one I was(not) patient enough to involve...maybe next year? maybe I will learn something from you between now and then!
I meant to tell you also how adorable Matthew is! He is a Gerber delight!
hugs...LY
getting caught up on my emails today!
Jodi, you are my hero. I love your willingness to try anything with your kids... I love your sence of humor... and most of all... I love that you drink Mountain Dew with sugar cookies. God bless you.
ReplyDelete