Monday, April 7, 2008

Fun with Grandma, Part 1

Paul's mom is very crafty. Crafty in a good way.
I am not crafty at all.
The kids enjoy being crafty.
Can you see where this is going?

If left with only me, the kids might never know the joy of creating something with their hands. If left with only me, there might be only English and math.

I am so thankful that Judy loves to create and loves to involve the kids in her creativity. Carrie and William--and now Joshua--know that an afternoon project with Grandma is going to turn out to be an afternoon of fun. They've also learned that with Grandma, it's O.K. to make a mess--something that they haven't learned from me.

Hanging in Judy's craft room was a sign that read, "Creative Minds are Rarely Tidy." That is Carrie's motto to a tee. It now hangs in Carrie's studio (which is what the pink playhouse is now called).

Here are some pictures taken the Wednesday afternoon before Easter. Judy came over to make Easter candy with the kids. Not just one-colored chocolates--but bunnies with pink noses and white eyes.







Thank you, Grandma, for spending time with us and making memories.

3 comments:

  1. Jodi...Thank you for the sweet blog and kind words. That was another fun day with my "sweets" making "sweets." That, of course, included some serious tasting.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bunnies! I am not so crafty either. Sometimes I will feel crafty for a minute, and the kids and I will do something creative... but it is usually pretty short lived. I try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so lucky to have a Grandma who is young and healthy enough to make memories with.

    ReplyDelete