Thursday, February 21, 2008

Snowbound


We had things to do tonight. Hubby was going to take "Tim" to basketball practice while C-Bear, Little Guy and I were going to participate in a church outreach activity. Around 5:00, Hubby called and said he was on his way home. He wondered if there had been any cancellations. The snow was coming down, and the roads were slick. About 15 minutes later we got the call from Tim's basketball coach--practice cancelled! Twenty minutes after that, the church outreach event was cancelled. Now, here we are with 3 pans of brownies (two were going to the outreach) and nowhere to go! Hubby just looked over at me and said, "You know, there's just something about having somewhere to go and then having it cancelled." Then he leaned back in his chair with his hands behind his head, an extreme look of contentment on his face.

I know exactly what he means. There is just something about knowing that life has suddenly slowed down--nothing I can do about it! No guilt for bowing out of an activity. No hurrying to get to where we're going. It's an unexpected opportunity to just sit down and enjoy each other.

And here I am blogging.

I think I will take this time to bow out for awhile and go enjoy my family! And brownies!

Enjoy yourselves--snow or no snow.

1 comment:

  1. I love having unexpected free time...it's a gift. Another gift? 3 pans of brownies with no home to go to -- gosh durn. Looks like your family will have to hunker down and eat them all - lol!

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete