Tomorrow.
The sun will come out tomorrow...
and shortly after the sun comes out,
William will be driving to his first day of college classes.
Seriously?
Seriously.
Already?
Yep.
Already.
These two.
Both in college.
Well, sort of.
Carrie doesn't start her junior year of classes until next Monday.
But we won't talk about that as it might be a sore subject.
Okay.
There may be a few more chuckles on Carrie's part this week as
William is waking up to his alarm clock
and driving to school every day
and bringing home assignments
from chemistry and math classes.
Yesterday.
Every tomorrow has a yesterday.
Pretty profound, huh? I thought it was all mine
until I googled it to make sure and found this quote...
"Every tomorrow has yesterday built into it."
--Rabbi Robert L. Kravitz
Yeah.
Even more profound than mine.
This was a tomorrow that became a yesterday.
And had many yesterdays before that.
And this was once a tomorrow too.
And now it's a yesterday.
A waaaaay yesterday.
Tomorrow.
I mean, yesterday.
See?
Every tomorrow has a yesterday
(built into it. --Rabbi Robert L. Kravitz)
--Jodi
What I really love about our yesterdays is that they were good.
Isn't that the way with yesterdays?
They become more golden as time goes by.
Carrie and William don't always get along.
They have some prrrretty good arguments.
(They call them debates and try to convince me that
we really did do debate in high school.)
But a good foundation was built.
And that good foundation has resulted in kids young adults
who are good friends.
Sidekicks.
Buddies.
Playmates.
(and classmates)
Compadres.
How do I know?
I listen in on their big kids conversations.
W: "What do I need to know about starting college?"
C: "Leave plenty of time to get to school and park
and walk to class."
C: "Sooo...are you excited or nervous?"
W: "Right now I'm excited. But that changes by the minute."
C: "You're going to have so much fun!"
Yesterdays are good.
But tomorrows can be even better.



No comments:
Post a Comment