Monday, August 22, 2016

Ugly Stuffed Animals? Ulysses S Anderson?




Have you told your 8-year old what USA stands for?
I didn't.


While watching the Olympics,
Matthew turned around, eyes wide, and said, 
"I never knew that USA means United States of America!  Wow!"

I guess learning immersion doesn't only apply
to learning a secondary language. 

This led to a conversation about other acronyms
that my kids have learned on the fly.

And that's why I'm deciding not to worry about
William today as he begins his college career.
All by himself.
On a campus of over 30,000 students.

And I'm not worrying, because,
 as I stood at the door with him this morning,
he asked me to pray with him.

And, of course, I lost it.

He will learn this college stuff by immersion.
On the fly.
With his Lord as His Guide and constant Companion.


You know what else my kids have learned on the fly?
Potty Training...Skipping...Shoe-Tying

Oh, and I blame the shoe-tying,
not on forgetfulness on my part,
but on Velcro.

I probably wouldn't have neglected shoe-tying
if their shoes would have had strings.


No comments:

Post a Comment