What a beautiful late spring evening!
(Insert Morning Mood" by Edvard Grieg)
The perfect evening for...
getting dressed in camo and going shooting!
Shooting has become one of my family's
favorite pastimes.
One that Matthew and I have not even tried.
Yet.
So off we go to our county's conservation club!
Now here are some people who seem to know what they're doing...
Can you see Matthew checking everything out?
Believe me...I was too.
I knew that this evening was coming for me, and I had tried to prepare myself, but I was still pretty nervous.
Prep work...
All set.
Paul knew that he needed to fill me in on everything.
I think the most important question I had answered was,
"Where's the safety?"
Me!
Holding a gun!
I was sweating bullets!
:)
O.K., now.
This is pretty cool!
I can see what you guys love about this.
Carrie has already been shooting with the boys a couple times before.
She just needed a little brushing up,
and she was ready to go.
There's just something about seeing my little girl holding a weapon that gives me great satisfaction.
Call me crazy.
William has been to the range almost every time that Paul has been, so all he needed were some reminders on safety and he was off.
I do believe that this young man is ready
to try out some hunting.
I have a feeling that there will be a day in the near future when I will just have to try a bite of his deer sausage.
Ugh.
Love makes you do crazy things.
Matthew didn't touch a gun, but he enjoyed collecting shells that he found in the gravel.
And being silly.
As usual.
Ready Josh?
Paul took Josh shooting once before.
I think that since then, Josh asks Paul every evening, "Wanna go shooting?"
That's how we got here this evening....
that simple question from the mouth of our six-year old.
If you're wondering right about now if this made me completely nervous...
Yes.
Totally and completely.
You can't see the fire in this picture,
but where there's smoke there's fire...
Time for the ladies and the small children to have a seat.
Have I told you how much I love this man?
And how much I love his love for his family?
And how much I love that he has a hobby that he enjoys and wants to share with us?
I found out on this pretty spring evening that
I enjoy shooting.
I found out that guns don't have to be scary...as long as everyone is paying attention at all times.
I found out that this is going to be something that my family will enjoy doing together for a long time.
I also found out that the 20 minute drive home, listening to my family talk, is pretty cool too.
Enjoying my husband's hobby...which is becoming mine,









Way Cool! You look so cute with a gun!
ReplyDelete