I wish that I had my camera with me right after we finished planting the tomatoes.
Josh claimed the tomato plant on the left as his.
It had two little yellow flowers when we planted it.
Josh stood there with the hose, watering HIS tomato plant and making plans for homemade ketchup.
In this little garden, we have two tomato plants, four zucchini plants (for bread of course!), and two rows each of onion seeds, radish seeds, and lettuce seeds.
See my cute little Garden Fairy?
That is the second one that has graced the garden.
The first one was found with a missing toe and hat.
Thank you, Charlie.
Here is the teepee!
Paul told me to mark out the places where
I wanted the posts to go,
then he and William set it up and staked it
tightly into place.
It is awesome!
I have to tell you...
When Honie, my gardening mentor at church, told our class about pole bean teepees, I did this inward sigh that meant, "That would be so cool, but..."
I really never thought that it would be something
that would really be sitting in our yard.
And there it is!
Thank you, Paul and William, for encouraging me to follow through.
I have always wanted peony bushes,
so this year I have planted two.
Both of them will have white flowers.
I hope.
In between the peonies are two rows of zinnia seeds.
I realized when I began planting that the box of seeds said that there were 100 zinnia seeds included.
But the seeds were in this great big box with all sorts of other stuff.
I'm not so sure I'll get anything here.
But I will hope...
My heroes...
After checking out some really pretty gardens on Pinterest, I decided to pull out the old window that I found up at Dad's. I'm not sure where it came from, but I fell in love with it.
I had visions of repainting it and using it in our house somewhere, but I really like it here.
Look!
The morning glories are popping up next to the mint!
And my bottle tree!
It is so pretty in the morning sunlight.
This is a row of hollyhocks planted beside the barn.
Mom always had hollyhocks planted beside the playhouse when I was a kid.
I remember my Grandma Huff making little dancing ladies out of them.
My dancing ladies will be wearing the color peach.
I hope.
:)
I am so stinkin' impressed by this!
This is the backside of Carrie's little pink playhouse.
It was a real weed mess before Carrie grabbed hold of it.
She worked out in the sun for a really long time to get all of the weeds out.
Now she has lovingly named it her Secret Garden..
her own little bit of earth.
Now, if the hundreds of bunnies, birds, and squirrels will just leave some for us...
Enjoying the out-of-doors,


No comments:
Post a Comment