Friday, February 4, 2011

Hot House Flowers

Dear Debbie,

I was in Meijer this past Monday picking up some oranges and cantaloupes, potatoes and apples. As William and I were walking toward the checkout lanes, we passed the floral department and I could smell them.

Those beautiful spring flowers that you always referred to as "hot house flowers."
I can remember how excited you would become when you would visit our local Kroger to find that a shipment of the those beautiful flowers had arrived.

Now when I see them and smell them, I think of you.

So, after looking them all over very carefully, I chose a small pot of bright yellow daffodils, in honor of you!



They have been an especially cheerful addition to my kitchen this week...a week when the winter winds have howled and a thick coat of ice has covered everything in sight.









Even warmer and friendlier than that pot of daffodils have been the phone calls and emails that I have received from you this week.

I love you, dear Debbie, and miss and pray for you every single day,

No comments:

Post a Comment