The other night before bed, the kids and I were all hanging out in the boys' room talking.
I asked Josh if he was made of "frogs and snails and puppy dog tails."
He gave me this look like he thought I was crazy.

Obviously, I have failed in the Nursery Rhyme department with my little boys.
Carrie repeated the verse for me, while boosting my confidence a little at the same time.
What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
And while we're at it...
What are little girls made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
So, Josh, if not made of frogs and snails and puppy dog tails, what then?
What is Joshua made of?
What is Joshua made of?
Rocks and sticks

And lightsaber tricks,




That's what Joshua is made of.
He was much more pleased with that rhyme than with the original.
Enjoying the simple things,
No comments:
Post a Comment