Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Monday, January 25, 2010 (recorded on Sunday, January 24, 2010)...

Outside my window...I can see our truck sitting in the driveway. The trees are bare...proof that the month is January, but it is a "balmy" 54 degrees out there today. It has been an overcast kind of day that started out with rain. Every now and then the sun peeks out and teases us. I can also see a blue ball...a remnant of play time from some far away fall day.

I am thinking...what a difference listening to the Daily Audio Bible has made already in my life...in just three days. I am thinking ahead at what a year of change this will be if I can only continue putting God first each day.

I am thankful for...quiet afternoons and evenings when we're all here at home together. I love knowing that there is nowhere to go. Everyone gets dressed in their coziest clothes and settles down together.

From the learning rooms...I can see piles upon piles on our school table...and on our computer desk...and on the high chair...and on the benches... It's Sunday evening and time for me to organize our school room for a new week. Organization needs to happen tonight, but it usually doesn't happen until Monday morning.

From the kitchen...I can hear Josh, Carrie, and Matthew talking and chattering while they get their supper plates filled.

I am wearing...blue jeans, a brown t-shirt under a burgandy, brown, and cream button-down shirt, and brown socks. Unusual for a Sunday afternoon. I usually change right after church, but I had to make a Walmart grocery trip this afternoon. I am ready for my cozies.

I am creating...a submarine sandwich supper for my family. Subs, macaroni salad, macaroni and cheese (I know, two pastas in one meal), chips and salsa, and one of those big chocolate chip cookies with "Colts" written on it in frosting.

I am going...to definitely have to start counting Weight Watcher points tomorrow. I have been eating since Christmas.

I am reading..."Love Not the World" by Watchman Nee...it takes me a long time to read his books, but I love them.

I am hoping...to lose 15 more pounds before April 1...

I am hearing...the sound of the Colts game and the groans from Paul and Carrie. It's not looking so good for the Colts right now, but I'm told that the game is still young.

Around the house...I can see piles of laundry...folded and unfolded, dirty dishes, piles of schoolwork, clutter, clutter, clutter. This is pretty normal for a day in which I had to go grocery shopping. It's kind of like when you have to mow the yard in the summer time. When you are outside for a couple of hours doing yard work, the inside of the house just falls apart. I have finally learned to just accept it.

One of my favorite things...is a cup of fresh coffee with milk and creamer. Yes, milk and creamer.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Tomorrow evening is the first evening of women's Bible study at church. We're going to be studying Beth Moore's "Believing God." Carrie is going with me and Paul's mom, Judy will be there too. I can't wait to dig into a Bible study. It's been a long time since I've done one with a group.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



We were all together last Wednesday for Carrie's 14th birthday breakfast...frosted cinnamon muffins.

For more daybooks...or to join the fun, go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this journey into your every day life. I have to wonder what your house was like when the Colts won. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for referring me to Morgan's blog. I linked to another woman's blog from there, who had just had her sixth cesarean and a positive experience; it helps my nerves to hear good stories!

    God bless!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done about all of Beth Moore's Bible Studies. I enjoy the videos. I listen to the audio Bible while I blog or work on the computer. It's a real blessing. I makes blogging seem less like a waste of my time. You have a beautiful family. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family. I know what you mean about leaving the house to come home to chaos or clutter...same here. I also love how you included Zac the Frog in your sidebar - cute.

    Mrs. Santos

    ReplyDelete