It made me start to wonder...
Do I really know myself that well?
Am I really all that special?
Who am I?
I decided that a good exercise for me...and a challenging one...would be to write down what I do know about myself. I also thought that it might be fun for my kids to read and hang on to.
I have this "thing" lately.
I find myself wondering what kind of legacy I'm leaving.
I wonder how I will be remembered when I'm gone.
I wonder if I'm the kind of person now who will really be missed later on.
Pretty deep for a Saturday morning, huh?
So, here it goes.
These are just a few of the things that I know about myself.
I am an organization-lover who is not very organized.
I am a home-cooked meal lover who does not like to prepare meals.
I am the daughter and granddaughter of farmers and gardeners who does not have a shade of green anywhere on her body.
I am the granddaughter of a talented seamstress who does not even own a needle.
I am the lover of a clean home who cannot seem to keep her home clean.
I am the admirer of a well-kept, manicured lawn who has her own crop of dandelions.
I am a stay-at-home lover who goes on her daily "guilt trips."
I am the lover of the simple way of life who just seems to have a knack at keeping her life complicated.
I love to homeschool.
I love to bake.
I love to sit down with a good book and a cup of coffee.
I love to mow the yard.
I love to go barefoot all year round. My tough, calloused feet are a witness to that.
I love to feed the birds that frequent my yard.
I love to be silly.
I love to wear over sized sweatshirts and baggy pants (sorry "What Not To Wear!).
I love my family and friends.
I love my dandelions.
Most of all, I love my husband and my children.
I adore being a wife and mother.
I cherish being my kids' teacher.
And you know what else?
I love being the daughter of The King.
I am thankful that I am saved by Grace and forgiven for all the dumb things that I do and say.
I love knowing that God created me just as I am...quirks and all.
What an awesome post! Sounds like you have your priorities straight and know what's important!
ReplyDeleteIt is nice to "meet" you too. Thanks for coming by my blog. I'm really enjoying the Workbox system. I hope you like it!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI loved what you wrote about yourself. Sounds like your priorities are just where they should be!
Blessings to you!
Leslie
as always, eloquent!
ReplyDeleteYou are so cool and so joyfully blissful!
May we all strive to be even 10% as amazing as you!
thanks for this post!
Laurie
Allow me to add to your list...
ReplyDeleteWonderful writer who pulls her audience into her life with her eloquence.