I think that being a good Daddy is a very careful balancing act.
It takes someone who can be tender...
and tough.
Someone who knows how to work...
and play.
A good Daddy takes good care of his family.
He goes to work every day so that he can give them what they need...and more often than not, what they want.
That's one of the big ways that he shows his love.
By being responsible.
Even when he doesn't feel like being responsible.
And at the end of the day, when he comes home from work, exhausted and beat up, he still takes the time to walk beside his children.
To be their Daddy.
Their irreplaceable Daddy.
Anyway, that's what I think.
But more importantly, here's what the experts have to say...
"I love how funny Daddy is! He almost always has something hilarious to add!" says Carrie.
"I like to shoot my bow with Dad. I just love hanging out with him," says William.
"I like when Daddy plays with me and gives me a hug," says Joshua.
"Onyongyongyongyongyong!" says Matthew.
(Translation: "I like when Daddy comes home after work and hugs me and says, 'Hey Matty-O' and gives me a tickly kiss," says Matthew.)
We love you!
Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

Perfect post!!! Made me cry...(what's new, right?) I especially loved Matthew's definition. :)
ReplyDelete