After fielding the many questions about when Matthew gets to eat his first bite of cereal, I finally decided that he was ready.
It's funny. I started feeding the other kids cereal at 4 months. I couldn't wait to see them take their first bites of a solid food!
This time has been different, though. Maybe it's because I'm a bit more relaxed. Maybe it's because he's chubby, as Joshua calls him, and I know that he is getting enough nutrition for right now. Maybe it's because I'm almost 40 and may not get to go this way again. Whatever it is, I'm just not in a hurry.
So, why did I decide to give him cereal last night? Was it because of the pressure from Carrie, William and Josh to feed him something.
No.
It's because of that look that he's been giving us when we eat!
Let me tell you, he is more than ready to try out the eating thing.
He was a pretty happy camper during this practice run. He only got a few bites, but they were much enjoyed bites. No crying or flailing of arms!
Now some bits and pieces from the last several days...
Family pictures went fine. They were taken outside, so it was a bit hot and muggy. Matthew didn't smile and Joshua almost had a pretty good melt-down. But all in all, I think it ran pretty smoothly. I guess we'll see when we go look at the proofs next week.
And a Murphy's Law kind of thing... When I went to get Matthew out of bed that morning, he had three scratches on his forehead. I couldn't believe it! I had just trimmed his nails earlier in the week! And he never scratches himself!
Oh well.
And here's a funny.
Last night we went to Uncle Brian's house to pick up his carpet cleaner (I think you can hear Paul using it in the cereal video above ). On the way home we stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. As I was getting ready to run in, Carrie said, "Would you get me some spearmint gum?"
Well, I guess that Carrie's new Apologia science has been making an impact on more than just Carrie (she really likes it, by the way).
Joshua asked if Carrie was going to use her gum to do more "science spearmints." He loves the days when she does her experiments...she includes him and lets him help if he can.
And in case you wonder, I am typing to the beautiful cricket sounds of Jacky.
Paul asked me this morning how long a cricket lives.
For now, Jacky is alive and well.
that's so funny! i love it!
ReplyDeleteCarrie
Is this not the coolest thing to be able to share stuff like this with each other? I loved hearing your voice, friend. Coffee, soon?
ReplyDeletesmooch
Go Jacky...Go Jacky.
ReplyDeleteglad to hear that your pix went well...and on a mushy gushy day!! wasn't that humidity rotten?
Welcome, Matthew, to the wonderful world of eating. never ending joy!
on that note, off to mow...
are you going to the Storyteller field trip on Oct? maybe I can officially meet you then??
have a lovely Wednesday, Jodi!
Laurie
I love those first feedings! What a happy, cute little guy!
ReplyDeleteHaley an dI watched how Matthew SMILED after each bite!!! Awesome. Hey, check your e-mail...for Friday's F-Troop.
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
~\0/~