Saturday, September 27, 2008

Basket Case






While I'm on the subject...

of Matthew, not of being a basket case...

although I could speak at length on the subject of being a basket case...

Thursday morning, I heard Matthew fussing in his bed. By the time I got into the bedroom, he was fussing pretty loudly. It was still dark, so I reached in to get him, expecting to feel his little back (yes, I put him down on his stomach to sleep) but instead I felt his tummy! Then I moved my hand up and felt his face!

He was fussing because he was mad! He doesn't really like being on his back at all. I think he feels "small and powerless." (Name that movie, Nicky!--I hope I got the quote right...)

He had rolled himself over in bed! His first roll-over!

When I told Paul about it that evening, he said, "You know, it will probably be a week or two before he does that again."

He's right.

He's much better at remembering from baby to baby what happens next.

I feel like a brand-new mom each time I have a baby in the house!
Thank goodness for blogging and pictures! They'll have to be my memory.

Speaking of memories...
Do you remember things from the past in "video form" or in "snapshot form"?

William loves for people to tell him stories from the past. I have a hard time remembering things from my past. GG (Paul's Grandma) tells wonderful stories from her past. She's 87--I'm 39.

I thought there was really something wrong with me until I realized that I remember things more as a snapshot of things that happened--not in video form. I have to take my snapshot and recreate the story. People who remember in video form just push the "Play" button and tell what they're seeing.

So, I'm wondering, how do you process your memories?

2 comments:

  1. i remember in video form!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember in video form with lots of flashbacks and extra embellishments. It is so funny to hear William tell a story!

    smooch

    ps I give on the movie.

    ReplyDelete