I vividly remember the first refrigerator/freezer we got that had an automatic ice maker. Wow! No more filling those ice cube trays! It was a dream come true.
If you remember having an "old-fashioned" refrigerator/freezer, you probably also remember making ice cubes. I'm sure that either you--or someone in the family--would do anything you could just so you wouldn't have to fill the ice cube trays.
That's how it was in our house. And in Paul's house. We both have memories of either ourselves or someone in the family taking all but one cube and leaving it in the freezer so that someone else would have to fill the tray.
It was a regular cause for yelling in our house when I was a kid.
You would hear that freezer door open, and someone would yell.
Those are pretty funny memories now.
But here's what's even funnier.
Last weekend, during our garage sale, William found some ice cube trays.
He just had to keep those trays and could hardly wait to go in and fill them up. All week, he's been faithful to fill those trays and empty them--only to fill them again.
How long could it last?
It must be an American thing...can William come over and fill up our ice cube trays?!
ReplyDeleteCorban and Haley WILL deplete them, and gracious William will be standing by... or playing the drums so we will have to, again, yell for ice!!!!!
HAHAHA!
So... how do you get your pictures to fit in the pic spaces? I'm trying to get f-troop pics and as you can see....jd sheryl appears....just dumb!!!!
love you!
{I have a GREAT recipe for our dessert party...}
~\0/~
It was good to see you last night although we didn't get to talk to much. This was my second blog background choice. Great minds...
ReplyDelete