Paul and I sit around and talk quite a bit about the things that we would like to do and the things that we should do. Then it seems like another week has gone by and we're still sitting around talking about the same things.
It seems really hard to make things happen sometimes.
Well, over the weekend, we decided that we want to spend some one-on-one time with our kids--and the only way to make it happen is to make it happen. Now that Matthew is eating some baby food, I'm able to be away from him for a couple of hours at a time. So, we agreed that Thursday evenings are best. We would start with Carrie and me. Next Thursday...William and Paul. The next Thursday...Josh and me. And on and on. (Sorry, Matty. You're turn will come one day soon!)
So, after much anticipation, last night was our first GNO!
What was the plan?
Food and shopping, of course!
Our first stop...Cold Stone Creamery.
We've never been there! It was really good.
Carrie got a "Founder's Special" and I got a "That's the Way I Roll" or something like that. I got it because it reminded me of the Jonas Brothers. See how hip I am? Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers all in one blog post! :)
Warning...the cinnamon that they sprinkle into the ice cream might make your mouth sore. It did mine.
What a pretty girl!
Carrie talked me into the "Love It" size ice cream instead of the "Like It" size because of all the walking and shopping that we were going to be doing.
All right...if I have to!
What's taken us so long to do this? I asked Carrie as we were walking when the last time the two of us had been out together alone. She said, "Maybe 10 years ago?"
So sad!
Here's my favorite shop!
Yes! Even more favorite than Cold Stone Creamery!
Aaaahhh! I agree, Laurie! Pumpkin Spice is the best!
I think Heaven will smell like Pumpkin Spice Yankee candles!
And how does a very special evening end?
With a bean burrito from Taco Bell, of course, Silly!
Next on the calendar...
A monthly date for the mom and dad!
I LOVE Cold Stone! Birthday Cake Remix is my favorite, it tastes exactly like a slice of cake.. yummmmm!
ReplyDeleteAnd Yankee Candle? I have been meaning to get there to check out the fall scents,
And then Taco Bell....
sounds like a heavenly day! So glad that you two had such a nice time!
i love it mom! and i almost got the birthday cake remix, missy!
ReplyDeletelone you!
-Carrie
Hey Jodi...
ReplyDeleteI've been trying to comment on your blog all week!!
GNO looks like lots of fun! Pretty ladies! both of ya!
You have inspired me to do the same thing with each of my kids...what a fun post! I loved the content post also, your baby boys look so peaceful!
Have a great weekend!
Laurie
(I'm on my mom's account!)
I wonder if there's something wrong with the comment section of my blog...
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet you, "Grandma Joanie!" :)
Soon, I hope!