Joshua is free at last!
We went back to the bone specialist last Tuesday morning and were told that his arm is looking great. The doctor showed us the x-ray and said, "Ah! The power of youth!" He pointed out the new bone that is there. It's just amazing the healing that has taken place in just four weeks.
The doctor told us to wean Joshua off of the splint. He said that whenever he is ready, he can take it off and go without it for as long as he is comfortable. I really thought that he would want to wear it for awhile--a "security blanket." But as we were walking out of the doctor's office, I asked Josh if he wanted me to put the splint back on, and he said, "NO!"
So, we celebrated with donuts! It was an 8:00 AM doctor's appointment--we had to get donuts!
I had also told him that when he got his splint off, we would go to the park and play. He added to that by saying, "With chicken and pop!" So, Thursday evening, we all stopped by McDonald's to get supper and took it to the park. Josh ran around saying, "I'm so exciting!" (I'm so excited!) When it was time to leave, he sat there in his car seat and said, "I love that park." Then, with a really sad face, he said, "I'm not exciting anymore."
Josh loves to tell people that he has "new bone."
He is also loving to do all the boy stuff that he hasn't done for awhile...
...like climbing in and out of buckets.
Paul tells me that it's a good thing there's a hospital with an immediate care at the end of our road.
Not what a Mommy likes to hear.
Yeah!! Freedom at last!
ReplyDelete