Look what we found!
Isn't it beautiful?
I have no idea what kind of butterfly this is, but we're hoping to try and figure it out.
I wish that you could see how Matthew
danced with this butterfly.
He wanted to hold it, so I told him to put
his hand under its legs.
It fluttered and flew and seemed to tease Matthew.
Then it flew around the side of the house.
I have a Butterfly Bush around the corner, so I'm guessing that's where it went.
Matthew and I tried to lure it back...
While we waited, we watched the birds.
We also checked out the sunflowers that are growing in front of the porch...thanks to Josh and a spilled bird food incident.
And then we waited some more...
and some more.
Then we talked about the nursery of birds
that we've had this summer.
Robins in the nest on the down spout
and finches in the fern.
All gone now.
Butterfly lurers, we are not.
Admirers, we are.
Enjoying the fluttering of butterfly wings,




No comments:
Post a Comment